New to yoga? Or do you wish to return to the basics? To be a beginner again? Do you want to prevent injuries or learn the correct way to do downward dog? Do you seek strength, flexibility, and core balance of body and mind?
Retreat away for a 5-night New Beginning in Yoga!!!
Explore yoga for the very first time, or return to the beginning and revisit the basics of Hatha Yoga in this introductory workshop with yoga teacher Michele Klink, E-RYT 500, who brings 17 years of teaching experience and a passion for anatomy and physiology to the classroom. Through physical yoga practice, demonstrations, and lectures you will learn the basic foundations for a safe Hatha Yoga practice in a supportive, encouraging environment.
You will also explore:
• Precise alignment of key poses, pose modifications, and effective ways to use props
• Slow sun salutations to build strength and flexibility for the whole body
• Therapeutic applications for injury prevention, recovery, and pain management
• How pranayama, meditation, and yoga philosophy can be applied to daily life to develop a deeper sense of body awareness and calmness of mind
• Yoga applications for stress management and working with the nervous syste
Infused with inspiration from this ancient practice, you will leave with the confidence, enthusiasm, and knowledge you need to practice yoga safely at home or in a public class.
Yoga for the Absolute Beginner
1440 Multiversity Retreat Center, Santa Cruz, CA